Sunday, May 20, 2007

'Jambo' 1st post: woot wooot!

I am officially a blogger now (aka an even bigger nerd than before)! Very exciting. Since I jumped on this bandwagon in order to keep people hip to the goings down in East Africa this summer, I decided to call this blog 'Jambo'. Not only is it a reference to all things Jumbo (so much pride), it's also pidgin Swahili for "Hello, now please speak to me in English." I think it's going to be a huge part of my everyday life in Kenya.

So yeah, I will be posting pictures and such here to prove that I have not been mauled by lions and I am in fact saving the world and that toilets do flush the other way down there. Please send me emails and keep in touch! Miss you guys already.

One love,
Mir

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for being the first comment! Miss you already!

Chris said...

Miriam: so i started blog..
me: ::dirty look::
Miriam: We'll it's not like it says "so today i got up at 7 and put thought, what should I wear, pants, pants that's good"...

Unknown said...

I hope it's not as hot in East Africa as it is in India (114F). Hopefully the monsoon will cool it down. Who knows, maybe some of the Tufts girls will be married by the time you see them again in August.

Tim Hogan said...

.....you have a toilet that flushes!?! Mine simply goes "plop".

jstgeorge said...

Nicely done! Can't wait to start reading of your travels. It's like last summer, yet so tech! Have fun.

Unknown said...

I found this on Chowhound.com thought you might be interested. XOXO The Carnivore in Nairobi is an experience, just about any kind of meat you can find served on a stick. Also Gringo's for "Mexican" food. Watch out for their home brewed tequila! Any matatu driver will now where it is.

http://www.africanmeccasafaris.com/ke...